Saturday, June 18, 2011

After watching how to train your dragon twice

Just watched How to train your Dragon..and I watched twice in a row! Toothless is such an endearing dragon! The film had wonderful story arrangements, especially parts which emphasize on the bond between Hiccup and Toothless. The branch drawing part, in my opinion, is really captivating in its own unique way, and it reminds me of Hayao Miyazaki's works, where the quiet moments enchant. In fact, I feel that the film bear some characteristics found in Japanese animated films, where quiet moments constitute a large part. This is where it sets itself apart from usual Western animated films, which comprise more of jovial and action packed scenes. It's definitely one of my top favourite animated movies :D

No comments:

Post a Comment